Question
Posted by: Maggie | 2007/08/20

this flu

For two weeks (and off work for that long)I battled with bronchitis eventually it pulled its firey claws from me and i was almost perfect just a little nasal. After two sets of antibiotics (which the second one subsequently gave me thrush) , an asthma pump, cortizone and cough mixture I came right.
Yesterday after a breather of 3 weeks the coughing, stuffy, runny nose is back in full force what is so different with this seasons flu.

Dear Maggie
There seems to be a lot of germs going around, maybe because of the dry weather up in the north and the temperature swings in the south. Try using an immune booster like Echinacea, Moducare, Viral choice, or Immuno boost.

1
Posted by: anxious | 2007/08/20

Do you have sinus problems? I ask this question because when I had sinus problems, all my winter flu-related woes started with my sinus stuff. I developed that horrible blocked, stuffy nose with thick green mucous, sinus pain, sinus headache etc. and without fail every time it went onto my chest and caused throat problems. This meant I was prone to getting sick anytime from April until Sept every year until Oct last year when I finally sorted out my sinus woes once and for all (I hope anyway) by having my sinus op. Since the beginning of this year I have had 2 flu-related cases only and neither of them have been sinus-related. They have been throat/chest only and I have had no symptoms of my sinus troubles whatsoever. My flu problems ALWAYS started off with my sinus trouble - I got antibiotics, got better, then a few weeks later got sick again. I got the hell in in Aug last year and pleaded with my gp to send me to an ENT which he did. I eventually went for a sinus scan and the ENT discovered what badly infected sinuses I had and I had to have 3 procedures done and since then its been heaven! I am thinking that I am now hopefully over the bad part of winter, now that its getting a bit warmer. This is the first winter I have ever had this good and its nothing short of wonderful!

If you have chronic sinus trouble, maybe this is contributing to you getting sick all the time and you should consult an ENT specialist.

I hope you feel better soon. I know only too well how awful and frustrating it is getting sick, better, sick etc.

Good luck.

Reply to anxious