Question
Posted by: Golly | 2004/11/09

Thiroid activity a fertility problem?

I visited my homeopath and she used electro-acupuncture testing on me to see which of my organs are not functioning fully. She found that my thiroid only functions at 50%. My blood work at the beginning of this year showed thiroid results within the ranges considered "normal". I do have low energy and feel cold even when the temperature is at 25C.
Is it possible to have a thiroid problem while blood work show activity to be in the normal range? After all, the lab's range is based on averages for all people.
Could a thiroid that functions only at 50% be the cause of lowered fertility?

I believe that the blood tests are an accurate reflection of the functioning of the thyroid gland.

1
Posted by: Nix | 2004/11/09

I had blood tests done at medfem which indicated low thyroid and I was put on medication, as it can affect fertility. 4 months later, my levels are normal.

My thinking is that if your blood test indicated normal levels, your thyroid is fine. A blood test will be more accurate than a reflexologists diagnosis. Check with your gynae if you're unsure.

Nix

Reply to Nix