Question
Posted by: zo | 2004/11/18

Third baby

I'm in my early thirties & would like to have another baby (girl as we already have two boys).My question is can I have a c section and have a sterilization done at the same time.My previous babies were delivered normaly.I don't feel life like doing all the hard work of pushing and then have an op for a sterilization.

A caesarean is a much bigger operation than a sterilisation, with more risks so, if it is not necessary, it is best to avoid.

3
Posted by: Francis | 2004/11/18

Yes you could have a sterilization when you have a c-section. It works out cheaper cause you only pay once for theatre. If you really sure you have enough kids then do it, but I was told I was too young (29) so I am putting in a Marina that stays inside for 5 years.

Reply to Francis
Posted by: zo | 2004/11/18

I don't have a problem with another boy (my hubby would love a girl).Whether its a boy or girl I'm fine with .I just need to know if its a good idea to have a c section and a sterilization at the same time as this baby will definately be our last.

Reply to zo
Posted by: Anne | 2004/11/18

what is you get another boy, will you try again, becareful of ending up with a boys choir

Reply to Anne