Question
Posted by: Sara | 2008/05/30

Thinking myself Pregnant?

Dear doc,

I just need some objective inputs!

I really want to fall pregnant, but we are currently not planning to do so. I'm still on the Pill and have been for the last 8 yrs. Now this month, I'm 3 days late.

Could it be that I'm so obsessed with having a baby that my body is reacting to this & "thinking" I'm pregnant? .. late period, sensitive breasts etc. but still on the PILL.

As you know, some people's periods are as regular as clockwork, others more variable. And then many factors, includign stress, can vary the timing of periods.
Then there are other possibilities. There's such a thing as a Phantom Pregnancy, in which a woman who is not pregnant can develop many of the symptoms and signs of pregnancy ; and then again, even usually reliable contraception can occasionally fail. A home pregnancy test could come in handy

2
Posted by: Fairychild | 2008/05/30

its possible.... its called a ghost pregnancy

Reply to Fairychild
Posted by: Moon | 2008/05/30

Happen to my wife (girlfriend then) She had all the signs. Even morning sickness. We were SO worried. But she was not pregnant. Dr said it was a "skyn swangerskap". So I guess it is possable. Why don't you go buy one of those home tests. they quite accurate!

Reply to Moon