Question
Posted by: joanne | 2003/12/02

Think i have a septate cervix

Hi, im 22 and since tried using tampons i found I would insert it far enought but i would still bleed. My vagina seems to have to passages one that ends blind.There is a piece of flesh about two fingers wide between the two. I havent gone to the gynaecologist before or told my doctor about it. I was sexually active and this was no problem except that i would get a dull pain towards my lower back i certain positions. What advice can u give me?

What do you need advice about? If you have a septate vagina and this does not cause problems with intercourse, then there is no need for anything to be done. It would be a good idea to see a gynaecologist and have it confirmed though.