Question
Posted by: frienddd30 | 2007/05/23

thining uterus lining

I have friend who is 21/2 months pregnant. Prior to her falling pregnant she was told by her gynae that she should not fall pregnant because she would not be able to carry the baby due to a thining uterus lining.She was put on a hormones and told to stop the contraceptive she was using. 3 weeks later she found out she and the doc explained that if she does go through with pregnancy and the baby survives she might not have children again.She is in a moral dilemma because if she aborts the pregnancy she wants to be positive of the facts. Is there a way that she could carry this baby full term. Beacuse her emotional state before the pregnancy shows me that if she chooses abortion she may not be able to live with this fact, eventhough she does not really want to be pregnant. Urgently needing some advise. She has 6 weeks to go before cut off date for abortion.

I am not why she should have to consider abortion. If she is unable to carry a pregnancy to term, she will probably miscarry. Only time will tell if this will happen, but I cannot see a reason to abort, unless there is another medical condition which is not clear.