Question
Posted by: Carol | 2007/06/22

There must be easier ways

Any ideas on how to get 4 10 weeks old kittens to settle down quickly at night or am I being totally ridiculous here ??

I HAD two kittens then a good friend of mine decided to visit her other goodfriend in the same area and we decided to meet ..... ill mention her name only with permission :)

Anyhow said good friend brought 2 little prezzies ... 2 more kittens :)

Now all 4 kittens have bonded beautifully and love each other to bits .. the snag is they ALL love me too.

Now when I go to bed ALL 4 babies are on my chest .. this is fine i love going to sleep listening to purring ... but Max, the little white boy just cant seem to get comfy .., he lies by my head and chews my ears , then he sucks my hair ... then he has his foot in my mouth , then he has his nose in my mouth , then he gets bored and terrorises smokey who is lying flat on his tummy froggie style suckng happily on his "blankie" this in turn disturbd ladybug who is lying on top of smokey sucking his ear ... and by now Lexie who is the busiest baby I have ever come across stops terrorising the 3 ferals who are ALL lying on my legs comes along to see what the ruckus is about .... all sleep is now forgotten ... Lexie curls up in my neck and purrs so loudly she wakes hubs up ...max and smokey are playing merrily and ladybug is in my armpit .. it takes ages to get them all to settle down , cant they all have a quick purr and sleep ???????????? :) :)

Kittens are like that. The easiest is to have them sleep in another room. As the days get longer they will become active earlier and wake the family earlier as well.

4
Posted by: Carol | 2007/06/25

kate thanks you are a sweetie:)

Reply to Carol
Posted by: Kate | 2007/06/25

Oh Carol, I had a blond moment there for a minute and had to read your post twice - ha ha.

To all our friends here at cybervet, I had the privilidge and pleasure of meeting Carol and her family (both 2 legged and 4 legged) 2 weeks ago. My mother always said it was good manners to bring a prezzie for the host when you were invited for lunch - well Carol got my 2 foster kittens, Max and Lexie, whom I miss still very very much but I know that they have a better home with Carol than I could offer them.
Max loves to sleep on your head and Lexie well she is just so special, I call her the witch's cat because she is just so smart and so in tune with everything.

So to all those who live in Durbs - I can highly recommend the Chicken Breyani and you are guaranteed a most wonderful animal filled afternoon at Carol's.
Just a word of warning - Boxers do slobber ;)

Hugs and kisses to all 4 my godchildren (I have nominated my self as godmother to the 4 rascals)

Reply to Kate
Posted by: KAZ | 2007/06/25

Thank goodness to the sleeper couch we put out now Smudge and Scruff sleep on it and only Bostick sleeps on the bed. Looking after Purdy over the weekend, she's a restless sleeper.

She would be all playful until suppertime and then she would play more by seven o'clock she is pass out by hubby who's foot is still plaguing him so went to bed early. Purdy would snuggle up to him and sleep. When I get to bed which is by ten Purdy is awake Bostick is peeved off and growling as she tries to play with him. So he find another spot. The Purdy is playing with her toys for about an hour. I can't sleep with the tinking toys that shes got.

By twelve she is back to sleeping next to hubby. But my poor husband, everytime he moves she meows in protest and my husband moved a lot because he can't get comfortable because of his ankle/foot op. So if I'm looking bleary eyed today you know why.

Reply to KAZ
Posted by: Cat Lady | 2007/06/23

Hi Carol!

It's the same at our place. I actually had to have plastic surgery on my ear lobes as my cats were hanging from the hoops during the night and tore my earlobes right through. This happened over a period of years and I couldn't wear my studs anymore. My GP wouldn't touch them, the earlobes, I mean, so I had to have plastic surgery to have them sewn together! I love my cats sleeping with me but when my two big fat cats lie on my legs I can't get out of bed and I often dream I am being throthelled to death and wake up to see one of my two favourite tabbies sitting on my chest, eyeing me and kissing me! I tell you!

Reply to Cat Lady