Question
Posted by: mika | 2004/01/09

the X diet

My mom and Uncle are both on the x-diet (not that either of them need it)... they are now experiencing joint pain... first in the knees, and now back... Where is the connection.. I assume it's a lack of something, or too much of something... but what?

Dear Mika
I can't really say. It may be advisable for your Mom and Uncle to have a medical checkup. Joint pains can be caused by various conditions such as arthritis or gout. Individuals who have a tendency to gout can experience a flare-up in symptoms when they start to lose weight, but it is better to check with a medical dr so that they can receive appropriate treatment.