Question
Posted by: zibbie | 2005/12/13

The world is their dustbin

Isnt' their a way that we can educate people on how pollution is destroying the world. yesterday in traffic a taxi driver trough papers etc out of his window... that on top of my road rage at that stage pissed me off so much!

How can people do that to the earth i love and want (if ill have) my children to enjoy...!!!

Wat het van 'Zapit in die zibbie blik' geword!!?

Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

It is amazing how blatant many litterers are - they don't even bother to hide what they're doing. Not sure if that's because they aren't aware that it's polluting and illegal, or because they just don't care and know they can get away with it. Anti-litter education programmes at schools seem to be one way to get the message across, but I think more frequent fining of culprits would help too.

Not sure what became of Zibbie?Zeebee?, but that slogan really stuck for some reason! There are currently a number of anti-litter and waste reduction programmes in place throughout the country, with corporates increasingly involved. One way to partially deal with the frustration of others treating the world as their dustbin, as you so fittingly put it, is to get involved in such a programmes in the neighbourhood or workplace.