Question
Posted by: Anne Till | 2007/06/08

THe Ultimate DIet Solution & Elle's Ques

A reader posted a question in APril 2007 regarding teh suitability of using teh guidelines in "the Ultimate DIet Solution" for the managementof PCOS.

As the author of the Ultimate DIet SOlution, I must comment on this posting, the infomration in the book is specifically and highly geared to managing insulin resistance and associated abnormalities such as PCOS all details are listed in chapter 4 and 5 of the book. With regard to Elle's question the meal plans in the book are not individualsied and she may benefit from an individualised plan. All recommendations are based on use of wholegrains, Low GI Carbs, and low GL in addition to using USFA and lean protein foods and increasing fruit and veg intake as per advoated guidelines of teh American Heart Association and the American Colledge of Endocrinology and other international reseachers for he managment of insulin resistane syndrome. THe book is well referecned with scientific publications - all details in teh back of the book. I would be happy to send a copy to the "Diet Doc" if she would like a copy. Incidently I am a registered dietician with eth HPCSA and my practice has a special interest in the managemt of Insulin reistance and assoaited abnormalities suh as PCOS, CHD, Diabetes, Obesity and so on.

Many thanks

Anne Till, RD (SA)
Date: 8/6/2007

Dear Anne
Good to hear from you. Glad that someone has written a comprehensive book on the GI and how it can be used to manage a variety of conditions. I would be thrilled to receive a copy of your book and shall certainly refer my Readers to it in future. You can send it to DietDoc care of Carine van Rooyen at Health24, P O Box 2271, Cape Town 8000. I am always looking for good reference books to refer the Readers to.

3
Posted by: Anne Till | 2007/06/08

Perhaps it would be better if I got Struik to drop off a copy for you, they too are based in CT. You can email me your physical address details and I will arrange this

Many thanks

Anne

Reply to Anne Till
Posted by: Anne Till, RD (SA) | 2007/06/08

Will arrange this with our practice manager

thanks

Anne

Reply to Anne Till, RD (SA)
Posted by: Anne Till | 2007/06/08

Just one further comment the book has also been reviewed by Prof D Labadrious - Head of Nutrition at Stellenbosch University ( He wrote the foreword) and Prof Derik Raal head of Endocrinology at the Wits Medial School. The need for the input from an endocrinologist was to ensure that reporting on insulin resistance syndrome and associated abnormalties was acurate and correct . I do not hesitate to recommend this book to anyone who has metabolic syndrome. insulin resistance syndrome.

Diet Doc - let me know if you woudl like a commplementary copy. You can call my rooms on 011 4634663.

Reply to Anne Till