Question
Posted by: Tinkerbell | 2005/12/09

The roots of Christmas...

Be honest here...
When the word xmas pops up, how many of you think of presents before the real reason we celebrating this holiday (Jesus)?
To me its actually so wierd how non-spiritual/religious (even non-christians!) people celebrate this holiday , why, if they don't believe in the reason behind it?

Lady Nina is right, actually --- the early Christian Chuch leaders were highly skilled at timing and dating Christian festivals to coincide with popular pagan feasts, holidays and celebrations. Where do you think Mistletoe comes into the picture ? Or Easter Eggs ?
So, with these having become major and excellent Christian festivals, maybe the materialist way it has become, is reverting to the pagan origins ?
I've just heard from the Health 24 people that they plan to close the Forums ( ? Should that be Fora ? ) from December 16th through to January 9th. Otherwise it'd be a case of "Twas the Night Before Christmas, and All through the House ; not a creature was stirring, 'cept my little mouse. And Keyboard. And Modem. "

11
Posted by: lady nina | 2005/12/09

hi dude

thx for the support - lol

as unholy as you can get, but speaking from a advertizing backround - we make our money from all the gullible people - so we can have xmas all the time - i take home a good bonus chq and get to see the family once a year ...

but i can understand why people avoid searching for the truth - once you know it you are accountable and have to make choices or in some cases changes - it's not easy being a wet blanket when everyone is on the gravy train.

have a lovely day

nina

Reply to lady nina
Posted by: Dude | 2005/12/09

ey Lady Nina,

uz 100% spot on babe, thats a fact an anotha an anotha...

2 uz people oo disagree ... i ope really ope uz looked into it b4 puttin on uz blinkers ...

xmas az total pagan origins ... mmm ... iz gonna shag ma xmas bunny all night on xmas ... it does get holy though ... if uz a mouse otuside ... uz wud ere ooohhh GOd ooooh God ...

mmmmmmmmmm
xmas!

Reply to Dude
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/09

Delene, I agree with you. All those pretty things that sparkle and shine and give you the festive happy feeling. Love it. Cannot wait to see what my puppy is going to do about all the decorations!! Should be quite a laugh.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Delene | 2005/12/09

I Love the xmas tree & decoration-thingy......with the gifts under the tree
Sets such a lovely spirit in the house.

Reply to Delene
Posted by: lady nina | 2005/12/09

hi there

i never said you should agree with me - these are documented facts - study the rule of the roman empire

personally i don't have value in xmas but its a good time to see the family and - easter i perfer to celebrate it the jewish way and have never ever got my kids easter eggs and all that nonsence

as long as people do what they like and are comfortable with doing it then they are free to do what they want

me 0 i'll never spend money on a tree and decoration but give to the needy - i do however spoil the kids

nina

Reply to lady nina
Posted by: Tammy | 2005/12/09

Don't agree with Nina either.

Reply to Tammy
Posted by: Delene | 2005/12/09

It is most defnitly a christian holiday that got so over commercialized(sp)
People celebrate it cuz its giving......
Do we need to be a certain relegion to do it!?
Its giving, receiving........
Its nice & good to remember what it is about, for Christians.
But for those who do not believe in Christ......They are free to join in to enjoy the spirit.
Why not!?

Reply to Delene
Posted by: gem | 2005/12/09

nope lady nina, don't agree...

Reply to gem
Posted by: lady nina | 2005/12/09

hi girl

i wish i had the time and new all the fact of hand but when
CONTANTINE became rules in ROME he had christians mostly with JEWish holidays and festivals and he had the NON believers who had all there holidays for their gods and stuff
there was to many holidays she combined the holidays - the original xmas was a heathen worship holiday and they moved it a day of 2 to the 15 and made it xmas
the same happens for the easter holidays
the goddess ISTARA of egytp was belived to have have hatch from a egg than was found on the bank of the river - they combined her festival with the jewish pascha

nina

Reply to lady nina
Posted by: Tammy | 2005/12/09

Please elaborate Lady Nina, as I beg to differ..

Reply to Tammy
Posted by: lady nina | 2005/12/09

hi there

if you really study the meaning and origine of xmas it had NOTHING to do with JESUS or christianaty

nina

Reply to lady nina