Question
Posted by: Pixie | 2003/12/10

The right diet

I have heard that not all diets work the same way on one person as it did on another. I need to loose 11kg's by October 2004. How will i know what diet will work for me. PLease Help. it is for my Wedding. thank you

Dear Pixie
Congratulations on your engagement! Basically people will lose weight if they a) reduce the amount of energy they ingest and b) increase the amount of energy they expend. So to lose weight you need to decrease your energy intake by eating a low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'Slimming Diet' for a copy) and expend more energy by doing regular exercise (if possible join a good gym and start working out ASAP). With this type of regimen you should lose between 0,5 and 1 kg per week, thus allow 3 months for the weight loss, which give you more than sufficient time before the wedding.