Posted by: Carolina | 2008/09/10

The " C"  Word

Hi Doc –  or anyone who would be able to assist me.

I have three questions!

First I would like to know what exactly causes cellulite? I’ m a 22year old female, 1,87m tall and I weigh about 66kgs. I am not overweight at all, I’ m actually pretty skinny except for a few places that needs work (little tummy fat, thighs… ) but I have so much cellulite and it just seem to worsen. During school I was real skinny, but my legs and especially my knees had cellulite, and now 4 years later, it has spread to all over my legs, even my calves, also to my upper arms, stomach, bum… 
Is there possibly any way I can prevent it to worsen even more?

Is there a way to make it better? I’ m too shy to wear summer clothing… And I’ ve never been able to wear any pants of skirts shorter than my knees. I just don’ t understand what is causing it.

Another thing I’ d like to know is, how effective is body brushing? I’ ve heard numerous times that it works well to brush effected areas with a dry brush, after or before bathing/showering. I’ ve been doing it for about two weeks now, and I’ m wondering if I should continue and if it’ s just all in vain?

Some advice would be great, thanks!

Have a lovely day!

Dear Carolina
Sellulite is a type of fat women have - it forms in pockets - therefor the dimpling effect. Thin women can have cellulite and it is often something you are born with. All cellulite treatments (massage etc) is temporary and the cellulite will come back as soon as you stop the treatment. Permanent solutions will be weight loss - if you have to lose - or liposuction. Massage helps, lotions and potions don't!

Posted by: b | 2008/09/16

water water water,

Reply to b