Question
Posted by: Pix | 2004/10/12

The possibility of children in future

I'm 22 and my one leg is about 3cm shorter than the other. What effect does this have in giving birth later in life, especially the birth canal? I'm quite scared of (additional) pain if I decide to have kids and having a natural birth.
Many thanks!

It should not be a huge problem.

2
Posted by: Pix | 2004/10/12

Thanks, Purple. I was concerned about a skew canal as my hips are skew too (left side is lower than the right). This doesn't make a diffirence to the internal workings?

Reply to Pix
Posted by: Purple | 2004/10/12

The length of your legs makes no difference to the size of your birth canal, or any pain you will feel. Also, it is an old wives tale that if you were a size 3 shoe you can't give birth.

You will minimise your pain by being upright, moving around, rocking and going to the toilet often.

Reply to Purple