Question
Posted by: help!! | 2004/11/25

The Pill - Urgent

Hi, I've been on Nordette for 4 years now. I'm tired of taking a contraceptive that I need to remember to take everyday, same time. Is there an alternative? I have finished my last pack, if I stop taking until I am able to see a Gynae in January for an alternative, will that effect me having children 1 day? Lastly where can I get a list of Gynaecologists in my area?

You can use the injection or the IUCD. If you stop taking the Pill from now to January, you will obviously not be protected and could fall pregnant. You can try the Find a doctor section of the website for doctors in your area.

1
Posted by: Blue | 2004/11/25

I don't think it will affect your ability to have children. I do know though that if you take a break from the pill you might fall pregnant the very next month.

When I was looking for a gynae I just called my nearest hospital and asked for the names of gynaes they've got. Chose one then called the hospital to be transferred to his/her office.

Reply to Blue