Question
Posted by: Brit | 2004/01/19

The Pill - New pack on 2nd day of period?

Dear Doc

I have been on Ginette for a year. I was wondering if it is possible to take a pill from a new pack on the 1st day of my period.

The last pill I drank was on Friday. Saturday through to Friday are all white pills. My period started today (Monday) Can I now start with the new pack tomorrow although I have already started my period? Or is it better to leave my period for the whole 5 days?

I take it that you took the last active pill on Friday. You should then start the next packet on this Saturday.

1
Posted by: ciska | 2004/01/20

Hi.

I don't really know how your pills work, but my doctor said that you start with the new pack where you stopped with the old pack. In other words, if you stopped on your old pack on Wednesday then you start with your new pack on Thursday. Hope I gave you the right advice, cause that's what I've been given and it worked for me.

Good luck!

Reply to ciska