Question
Posted by: XxX | 2005/11/21

The Pill - Femodene

Hi All,

I would just like to find out, how safe is Femodene? I have been on it for a very long time, and have had no prob's. I have been informed that you DONT Ovulate on Femodene, which means you chances of falling Preggies are NONE... Is this correct? And how possible is it to fall Preggies on the Pill??

Should I wish to fall Preggies, what must a person do on Femodene?

Tx!

Dear XxX

Femodene is a monophasic oral contraception and as such is highly effective if used correctly. It is extremley safe and your risk of falling pregnant is minimal. This is provided obviously that it is used in a very compliant manner.

It is true that you do not ovulate on Femodene, but that is part of the mechanism by which it acts as a contraceptive.