Question
Posted by: Tamsyn86 | 2008/01/24

The Pill causing thrush

Morning
I have been getting thrush now for about a year and a half on and off - could be longer didnt make an exact note of it. I have been to the doctor and was prescribed creams and tablets yet it always seems to come back. I take a daily probiotic and vit c - and i eat yogurt most days. I have read that the pill can increase your chances of getting thrush...is this true, I am on Melodene and considering coming off it if it will help. Is it worth coming off?
Please help i cant go on like this. Regards T

It is true that the Pill can increase the risk of getting thrush. It would be worth changing to a differnt contraceptive to see if it makes a differnce.

1
Posted by: Maya | 2008/01/24

I had thrush once a month for 2 yrs and it only went away after I stopped the pill and starting taking a daily probiotic, using culturelle vaginal caps when I had an infection and taking 1 cap diflucan per day for 3 days.
Apparently the oestrogen in the pill is what can acuse thrush:)

Reply to Maya