Question
Posted by: stressed out | 2005/07/28

The pill and upset tummy

I have changed my pill 2 months ago from Melodine to Yasmin. My question is my boyfriend and I have stopped using condoms and rely only on the pill. A week ago I had a runny tummy in the evening. Will this make the pill not work. I take the pill every morning at the same time. I hear that if you have diahrea or vomiting the pill is wiped out. Are you still safe if you take the pill in the morning and end up having diahrea or vomiting in the evening?

If you have diarhoea or vomitting within 6 hours of taking the Pill, you are not safe.

4
Posted by: Stressed | 2005/07/29

Thanks Josie!

Reply to Stressed
Posted by: josie | 2005/07/28

If you take the pill everyday at the same time - it take about 4 hours to absorb in to the system so if you had an upset stomach in the evening you are fine.

If you stomach was still not right in the morning then you need to take pre cautions for 2 weeks (condoms) and then go back as normal.

Be there done that - dont have anything to worry about... whever you arent sure jsut use condoms for 2 weeks or phone the pharamcy..

:)

Reply to josie
Posted by: Tina | 2005/07/28

I fell pregnant on the pill after a runny tummy and vomiting. The pill won't be enough to keep you safe.

Reply to Tina
Posted by: breez | 2005/07/28

i would use a condom for a while just to make sure. If you not midcycle you should be ok but just be causious and use a condo until your period arrives.

Reply to breez