Question
Posted by: Elle | 2003/01/21

The Pill and diet pills?

I would like to know if it is safe to use the product KitoBind together with TriPhasil.

I have been using Triphasil since May 2002 and I gained some weight, KitoBind is absorbed in the intestines so would this reduce the effectiveness of the Triphasil?

Thanks Enjoy your day
Elle

Dear Elle
It may well do so. I think you should check with your prescribing physician as there are a number of factors that can reduce absorption of contraceptives. Diarrhoea is one of them and if you find that you are developing diarrhoea, then you may be preventing uptake of the pill. Rather check with your dr. I would personally rather try to lose weight by eating a low-fat diet and doing exercise.
Take care