Question
Posted by: **** | 2004/11/18

The pill & abortiom

I want to know when you can start takng the pill after having an abortion? And why do you have to be 6 weeks before you can have an abortion?

You can start taking the Pill immediately after an abortion.
The reason for waiting till 6 weeks, is that, if the pregnancy is too small, it may be difficult to scrape away completely.

1
Posted by: Linda | 2004/11/18

If you are less than six weeks pregnant when you have an abortion, it is more likely that your womb could be scratched / injured slightly during the procedure. (That is what I was told).

You can start taking the pill immediately after you've had the abortion. However, you will not be allowed to have sex for at least two weeks following the ToP.

Reply to Linda