Question
Posted by: Griet | 2007/03/07

The pill

Can I fall pregnant while on the pill? And if so, will I still menstruate?

Dear Griet
Yes but the chances are low - 0.01% unless you skipped a pill, or had diarrhoea or used antibiotics or other drugs that interfered with the absorbtion of the pill. Some people can have an inplantation bleed that can look like a menstruation but normally you will feel different if you are pregnant - breast tenderness and swelling, tiredness etc. Most people will not menstruate while pregnant. If you are worried, rather do a pregancy test as stress can also cause your menstruation to stay away!