Question
Posted by: NN | 2005/01/07

The pill

I want to know how long you have to take the pill before you are fully protected (until you can sex without a condom?) And which medication rules out the pill? (I know that if you r on some medication then the pill won't work, which are the main medicines?)

7 active pills. Many antibiotics can affect the efficacy of the Pill, but there is a long list of other medications. It is best to check before you take anything.

1
Posted by: Lulu | 2005/01/09

Hi NN,

You should wait two weeks to a month (I'd wait a month just to be safe) before you're protected. Remember the pill is only 99% effective and that is bearing in mind that you are taking it at the same time every day without skipping a day (if you forget you must wait for two weeks again), you do not have any vomiting or diarhhoea, do not drink, smoke or take drugs excessively and so on. Only antibiotics will negate the pill, but I have been told that Berocca (vitamin effervescent tablets) also do. Maybe someome can help with that.

Good Luck !

Reply to Lulu