Question
Posted by: 1st Time Mommy | 2004/01/23

The Pill

I had my baby a couple of months ago. +- 2 months after I had my baby I started the pill and have been taking it for about 3 months now. The problem I'm experiencing is that my period starts when I'm in the middle of the red tablets packet and will continue when I've started a new packet of tablets and will end after I've taken about 2 yellow tablets.
Should I be worried about this?
Should I wait until my period is finished and then start a new packet of tablets when my period has ended to start fresh or should I just continue the way I have been.
It worries me that my period starts in the red and ends in the yellow tablet.

Thanks For the help

If your period starts on the red pills, that is normal. It doesn't matter if it continues when you are taking the active pills. Continue taking them as you are. You start a new packet when you have finished the last pill in the old packet.

2
Posted by: nicci | 2004/01/24

Hi there, I had the same problem...only 1 difference, i've never been pregnant.
I visited my Gynae for some help, and she said it could be 2 things:
1. start over with your pill in the correct section and see if it works out
or 2. change to a different pill. finish that packet and talk to your doctor about a suitable pill for you.
I changed my pill from Diane to Yasmin and all is well now.
I was on Diane for 5 years, but it just stopped working for me.
So it might be that your just not on the most suitable pill

Good luck!

Nicci

Reply to nicci
Posted by: Lee | 2004/01/23

I have the same problem its just that I didn't have a baby yet but i usually finish in the second yellow tablet.

Reply to Lee