Posted by: kate | 2008/07/26

the pil and weight gain

My daughter started taking the Ginette contraceptive for a skin problem. She is 21 years old. 1 month later she went for endermology and mesa. At that time she was not overweight at all and she only wanted to firm up.But she decided to still loose about 3 kg. Instead she gained weight and did not loose centimetres. The dr giving her meso injections said that ginette is known for weight gain,. She then put her on Yasmin. because that will not let her gain weight., 2 Weeks later still no loss of weight or centimetres.She now says she must
stop the pill altogether. How long before the pill will be out of her system?She had 14 sessions of endermology and 5 of meso. It cost thousands. Will more endo work this time? After all the money paid out she is bigger than before and she is very unhappy. She is busy with her honours degree and is already under stress so she can not afford to stress about her weight as well. Your help , please!

Dear Kate

Oral contraceptives will take one month to be out of your system. I do suggest that she engages in regular exercise with emphasis on cardio-vascular exercises for at least one hour per day, five times per week. Like cycling, jogging and swimming. A healthy balanced diet will also be to her advantage.

It is also possible that your daughter has an underactive thyroid, which is causing the weight gain and I strongly recommend that she consults a GP, to have a thyroid count done.

Kind regards