Question
Posted by: philosophy guy | 2005/12/01

The one question everyone should know the answer to

What is the meaning of life ?

Have you never read The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy, or seen the movie or the even better earlier TV series on DVD ? I think Whattodo has been to the right place for an answer !

17
Posted by: Dee | 2005/12/01

pleasure, pain, all your senses, nature, nurture, blood, feelings, emotions, luuuuurve.
life is a great mystery and that's how it will stay. if anybody know the answer then nobody would ask the question...

Reply to Dee
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/01

No, FIO, they are not the same. The chocolate box may be void of chocolates. I may have eaten them already.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: figured it out | 2005/12/01

A box of chocolates, a chocolate box, are they the same?

Reply to figured it out
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/01

Okay, jokes aside, I agree that it has a different meaning for each of us. For me it is my boys, and living life to the fullest. That in itself opens up a whole hornets nest. Helping others is just one of the many things that gives me pleasure and so it gives my life meaning.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: ~Wings~ | 2005/12/01

The philosophical question "What is the meaning of life?" means different things to different people. The vagueness of the query is inherent in the word "meaning", which opens the question to many interpretations, such as: "What is the origin of life?", "What is the nature of life (and of the universe in which we live)?", "What is the significance of life?", "What is valuable in life?", and "What is the purpose of, or in, (one's) life?". These questions have resulted in a wide range of competing answers and arguments, from scientific theories, to philosophical, theological, and spiritual explanations.

(Taken from the web**)

~Wings~

Reply to ~Wings~
Posted by: ~Wings~ | 2005/12/01

(Taken from the web**)

~Wings~

Reply to ~Wings~
Posted by: Whattodo | 2005/12/01

42. Don't panic.

Reply to Whattodo
Posted by: Tango | 2005/12/01

Life is you feed one end and excreate the other!!

Reply to Tango
Posted by: «Parab☻la»™ | 2005/12/01

Life is a game, whoever has the most money at the end wins
-Danny Devito

Reply to «Parab☻la»™
Posted by: ... | 2005/12/01

Does there have to be a meaning?... why do we assume that there IS meaning?... maybe us humans are too arrogant to think that the only meaning is LIFE itself........

Reply to ...
Posted by: figured it out | 2005/12/01

No meaning, as that implies design. Life just "is", nothing more...

As Buzz says, meaning is entirely subjective and personal. having said that, one would assume that without humans on this earth, there would be no need to havea meaning for life. So do we create meaning, or is there a meaning independent of our conceptualisation of meaning?

Reply to figured it out
Posted by: Jakes | 2005/12/01

Tango: Yes you and I are life, but life is not complete without caring, considerate, love, enjoyment, etc, but also others to care for, be considerate to, to love and to enjoy with and also to throw a tantrum at.(LoL)

Reply to Jakes
Posted by: Goldie | 2005/12/01

Buzz i agree and respect for yourself and others

Reply to Goldie
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/12/01

There could be as many meanings to life as the amount of people on earth. My meaning for life is probably very different to the next person's.

What gives meaning to my life is to act with integrity, (even when no one's watching), and to help others as much as possible. That's my meaning, helping where it's needed.

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: Tango | 2005/12/01

It is everything you want it to be.......and yet untangible. Hundreds have tried to define it. For me, life is the mere fact something 'is", it moves, its not dead. An amoeba is "life", I am life, you are life.

Reply to Tango
Posted by: err | 2005/12/01

47?

Reply to err
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/01

6 1/4. Worked out by top scientists!

Reply to Frusty