Posted by: Shy | 2007/03/30

The need to urinate frequently

Dear Doc, I have tried out the 'symptom checker', but it stated that I should contact my Doctor if it carries on for longer than 2 weeks. Since the last 3 months I have the need to urinate frequently, it is not painful, it doesn't burn, i am not pregnant, nor drink a lot of fluids. This occurs especially at night, when going to bed. I go to the bathroom before bedtime, then I would lie for about 10 minutes and have the need to go again, but it is not a lot that is released, sometimes I have to spend about 5 minutes relaxing on the toilet in order to get the 2 or 3 ml out. It sometimes is so bad that I cannot fall asleep because I have to constantly get up to go. I would appreciate your response. Thank you for your time

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Shy
Something is wrong - you need to ask your Gp to check your urine for sugar and or infection. Alternatively you could have a spastic bladder and Urispas tablets may be helpful?

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Shy | 2007/04/04

Thank you Doc, Dave & Anxious for your advice, much appreciated :)

Reply to Shy
Posted by: Dave | 2007/03/30

Shy, in the meantime, apply slight pressure with your hands on your bladder when sitting on the toilet. I don't know how easy this will be to you, as I am member of the standing gender. It certainly helps to empty the bladder. I use to do it when leaving the house for a few hours. A lady should find it relatively easy as well:-) In fact, a lady in laboratory teached me this.

Reply to Dave
Posted by: anxious | 2007/03/30

You need to have an MC&S urine test - go to your gp. You might also need to have a cystoscopy - an examination of the bladder under general anaesthetic to see if you have any bladder problem that is causing this. Try Urispas from the chemist or if this doesnt work go to your gp for a urine test - you might have a bladder infection.

Reply to anxious

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.