Question
Posted by: Saartjie Baartman (Just kidding) | 2006/04/18

The morning after the life before

You know CS, I always live in the mood that I'm in. I almost cancel out the whole previous experience, and start fresh. I live the mood. We don't talk about previous affairs. Clear? I was actually feeling briliantly when I went to see him. And I tend to forget about the worries and shit of the previous phase. I do. I really don't mind to share my shit, as you surely must have noticed, and like getting reaction to the stuff I did, and shit that happened. I still love this one, First visit. First words, my first suicide attemp, age 9. It was soft, but serious, 'Liewe Here.' Hiehie. Tru though.
Anyway, getting back to business, I talk, but after about 15 sessions he won't see my husband, cause he don't know what to say to him. Jesus. Is he serious?!
I must stop now, otherwise I won't.
xxx

There's value in letting go of the tired old emotional bagage ; but making a totally fresh start too often means also giving up the opportunity to learn from experience. Good counselling should enable you to sort the wheat from the chaff, to sort out and keep the wisdom experience had bought, and to discard the false and misleading assumptions you grabbed along the way, which are no longer functional