Posted by: Sharon | 2008/10/22

The Loop

Hi Doc,

My baby is almost a year now. I have been on the pill (first triphasil(4 months), then Minerva (2 months). I am experiencing terrible headaches in the last week of my cycle. When I went to the dr. he said that pill is causing it.

I now want to go off the pill and have the loop inserted by I need to know the procedure.

Please advise.
Thank you

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

Your gynaecologist will insert the IUCD through your cervix. Practically speaking it feels similar to a pap smear though a bit more uncomfortable.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: In Pain | 2008/10/22

The copper loop is different to the Mirena, it has NO hormonal effect ont he body, whereas the Mirena releases a hormone.

It has also been suggested to me, as i also get headaches, but don' t know the exact procedure.

Reply to In Pain
Posted by: ? | 2008/10/22

If you' re talking about the Mirena, you 1st have to purchase it from a chemist. You then take it to your gynae, and he inserts it. That' s about it.

Reply to ?

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.