Posted by: Sharon | 2008/10/22

The Loop

Hi Doc,

My baby is almost a year now. I have been on the pill (first triphasil(4 months), then Minerva (2 months). I am experiencing terrible headaches in the last week of my cycle. When I went to the dr. he said that pill is causing it.

I now want to go off the pill and have the loop inserted by I need to know the procedure.

Please advise.

Your gynaecologist will insert the IUCD through your cervix. Practically speaking it feels similar to a pap smear though a bit more uncomfortable.

Posted by: In Pain | 2008/10/22

The copper loop is different to the Mirena, it has NO hormonal effect ont he body, whereas the Mirena releases a hormone.

It has also been suggested to me, as i also get headaches, but don' t know the exact procedure.

Reply to In Pain
Posted by: ? | 2008/10/22

If you' re talking about the Mirena, you 1st have to purchase it from a chemist. You then take it to your gynae, and he inserts it. That' s about it.

Reply to ?