Question
Posted by: SIMRAN | 2004/09/28

the loop

I went to the gynae about 3 years back . She advised me that going on birth control pills was not a good idea for me ........she suggested i go for the LOOP .

So i did put the loop ..... but has not being to her or any other gynae again .

I am just worried because it has being so long since i had the loop done and i have not seen the doctor since .

Do you think it is still safe ?????????????

thanks

simran

The loop is safe for 5 to 7 years but you need to see a gynae for check up yearly

1
Posted by: Skippie | 2004/09/28

Personally I am not comfortable about the loop, 'cause you can fall pregnant and it causes an abortion. I'm not sure about all the medical terms, but as I understand the merina is better. So morally, the loop is not for me. This advice came from a medical doctor friend of mine.

Reply to Skippie