Question
Posted by: blackbird | 2004/09/20

the long ride

so a bit of background. Last wensday evening i saw my ex's car parked at a pub. not a good thing i tell you. it started this brain of mine up again. Friday night another bang. i saw her best friend and my mind went balistic. Could not sleep friday night and ended up getting on my bike and went for a little ride, all the way to pofadder. what a dead town. went to a pub and drank and drank and drank some more and then slept in the pub and then drove back sunday. I had a lot of time to think maybe a bad idea. all the places i saw along the way only made me think of her. We were there before. pofadder is one of the only places we were never together.

it has been 9 months now, and i still think of her everyday, she still drives me to do things like this. Will it ever stop. will i ever let go of her. starting to think that my drugs dont work anymore.

it the only option left a full frontal lobotomy ???

Hi blackbird,
Actually, it does stop, often when you're least expecting that it possibly could. I suppose if we could clearly see the route from Here to There, we go there directly, so maybe it's not surprising that we get there eventually, indirectly. Have you tried working with a counsellor on becoming less vulnerable to getting so easily stirred up ? You two must have really gotten around, if Pofadder is really one of the few places you never went to together. At least now you've been there, you know why you didnt go there before.
Nobody's researched this well, in regard to the end of love affairs, but in studies of death and grief, we know that 9 months is around the minumum time it takes to be able to handle such a loss comfortably, and 1 year or so is not at all unusal.
At least I gather that your bike has gotten repaired now, after your last adventure, and that, as they say at the end of a film, " no warthogs were hurt in the making of this movie " ?

4
Posted by: Katvis | 2004/09/20

Yes ou Bird.

MMMMM dan het hy mos geloop.Jy kan darem gelukkig wees die vlakvarke weet al van jou.

My maat as jy 1000 kilos ry dit net oor n vroumens dan moes dit erenstig gewees het.

Tot Later

groete

Reply to Katvis
Posted by: blackbird | 2004/09/20

Thanx CS ..i know ...i know ...time ...but ja.
Nope i have more then one bike, actually a whole bunch of them, i went with the blackbird.

Katvis--pofadder is just over 1000 k's from joburg, took me 12 odd hours ther and 16 odd hours back. Yip die die bird get ge-move, sy het meestal in die 3rde kwart van die klok gesit.

Bokkie --thanx

got some good news this morning, they started fixing the "warthog Killer" so probaly have that bike back by next week ....

Reply to blackbird
Posted by: Bokkie | 2004/09/20

Ek belowe jou dit word beter... *drukkie*.....ja ek weet dit help nie NOU om dit beter te maak nie maar ek praat uit ondervinding en ek belowe jou TIME DOES HEAL.....

Sterkte vir die dag!

Reply to Bokkie
Posted by: Katvis | 2004/09/20

Yes ou Bird

ja nee di vrouens maak ma n ou se kop heel deurmekaar.

Net so bietjie bike nuus.2 van my vriende het aarde toe gekom di naweek na n "breakfast run"
Di een ou het n nuwe GSXR 1000 afgeskryf,en di ander het n VFR 750.Altwee le in ICU.Nou so my dag het ook ma lekke sleg begin.

Hoe ver is pofadder van jou af.Daai bird het seke wee geloop dat dit vrek.

Ek hoop alles kom reg.

groete

Reply to Katvis