Question
Posted by: Monzon | 2007/04/04

the life knot

Planning to get married in September this year.
Mother-in-law suggest the wedding venue to be her "lovely" garden yard---NOT agree.(under discussion)
Secondly, in commune of property, but my fiancee has not much property. What to choose?
I DO NOT want invites on my side, as they play no significance on this celebration- IS IT A GOOD MOVE?
Please help-I am on my own on this preparation.

Expert ImageArchive

Good morning Monzon

You get married where you want to get married (in discussion with your partner). Community of property simply means what is yours is yours before the marrigae, and what is hers is hers before the marriage belongs to each individual - what you gather together in the marriage belongs to both of you.

A marriage is the joining of two families, and you need to decide if your family needs to be invited. Consider the consequences of not inviting people, but you know your life circumstances and your past and you will know the best decisions to make for your life.

Mike Lacey-Smith

1
Posted by: Sparticus | 2007/04/04

24 yrs of marriage with 30 people at the ceremony and no real reception.I woulnt have it any other way! If the wedding formalities are a big deal to you then you should push for it. we can't have you living with regrets!

As for the COP issue, think of it like this - has he got the potential to improve his life , career etc? If the anwer leans to the negative side then why get married if you know there could be problems.
People usually marry in community of property if it is their first time around. This is the time when they hve faith to face the future together.

Invite your family - you are all the significance needed and they should not be there to make your wedding more important.

Reply to Sparticus