Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2004/09/30

The image in the mirror

My fav doc

I feel a bit discourage at the moment due to the fact that when i look in the mirror i am starting to see "a bigger version of me" I know what this means I know the signs and i hate it - I feel that i am obsessing about what I eat again but still i feel that food is controlling my whole thinking proses. If i eat something remotely wrong i am thinking of "cleaning" myself and getting rid of it.

This is very draining cause it makes me lack passion in my life,
i have always tried to control the uncontrolable- time, food, stuff that passes by naturally.

I feel hopless like my mind and body is working against each other.
I think people who can just enjoy food are so blessed .....

Dear Kassandra,
Take this issue back into therapy. You've improved to the extent that you can recognize what is beginning to go wrong, and that can be vitally important within therapy, to get things right again. And you've hit the nail absolutely on the head when you say " i have always tried to control the uncontrolable- time, food, stuff that passes by naturally." Isn't that a root of the eating disorder problem --- trying to control the uncontrollable, rather than just let it be ; and substituting for that, a fierce excess in controlling the controllable, even when it doesn't need to be controlled at all ?

3
Posted by: Christel | 2004/09/30

Just wanna sympathize - I think I am obsessed with food - went through a bulimic period for a few months when I was in matric (22 now). No onde knew and it just got better by itself. It has never been that bad again but food is ALWAYS an issue with me. Im not fat (guess I never have been) but I cant seem to stop this madness. Food and weight is constantly on my mind - would do anything to have a healthy relationship with food - any suggestions?
Good luck.

Reply to Christel
Posted by: Kasandra | 2004/09/30

Yes Shelly its so sad ITS a lie i know it i am a beautiful young woman and i am lucky cause i look young for my age but then comes the mirror and lies lies lies.......

this love hate relationship with food.

Reply to Kasandra
Posted by: Shelly | 2004/09/30

I can sympathise with what you say. With me, I have a "slim" or slimmer picture of me in my mind and in my mirror and when I go looking for an outfit or some clothes, I get so disheartened, cause the sizes I have to buy do not correspond with the way I look. Also, pictures of me reveal a bigger me and I cant believe that that is me. Surely I am not that hideously fat an doverweight and so ugly?

Reply to Shelly