Question
Posted by: Tammy | 2005/11/24

The Ex

My husband was recently contacted by an ex girlfriend he had when he was in university many years ago. She sent an email saying that she has been searching for him for years and does he remember the good times they shared together. I didn't give him the email but she found his contact details on the Internet and sent him sms's which he replied to. I confronted him on the issue and it lead to a huge argument. He said they are just old friends. Our email address has both our names in it and on our website it says we work together, so she must know he is married! I know I am the jealous type but I think she has no regard that he is a married man. Am I being irrational or is there reason for concern?

Have you never wondered what happened to the guy you went to the matric farewell with? Sometimes it is a great ego booster to see these guys all these years later, and think back - and I cried over you!!

If you are secure in your marriage and your husband also gives you reason not to doubt him , why should he not meet with someone he hasn't seen for many years. the bigger fuss you make over this the bigger issue it will become. If you are the jealous type, you need to also ask yourself why - does your husband give you reason to be jealous.

Invite her over and meet her as well, you are after all a couple - don't be hostile receive her as you would any of his friends. Heaven knows life is so short, and tough we need all the freinds we can get.

EMc

6
Posted by: Shrink | 2005/11/24

Why don't you invite her to join you and your hubby for a drink together. Might sort out the boundaries rather quickly

Reply to Shrink
Posted by: No no!! | 2005/11/24

Tammy my argument is ... if they are just old friends then why can't you also be part of this friendship? Why don't he introduce you to her ... Argh women! Good luck.

Reply to No no!!
Posted by: No no!! | 2005/11/24

Reply to No no!!
Posted by: Hunny | 2005/11/24

Nope, they r there to just get in the way.
My mans ex calls him and he tells her off in front of me, and she still calls him and smss him, he shows me, but I look at it this way, he comes home to u every night, they just wanna get under ur skin and they know it gets to u.

Reply to Hunny
Posted by: Lady Lea | 2005/11/24

I seem to have the same problem. My husband went out in school with the girl, we have been married for 6 years now, and when ever he bumps in to her, she always tells him that he is the only love of her live and she can not forget about him, even though he tells her that he is married with a child, she doesn’t seem to get the reality of it. It also drives me up the walls. She even has the nerve to follow him to the toilet to tell him how much she loves him. I think it’s pathetic if you ask me, will we ever get rid of pestering ex’s.

Reply to Lady Lea
Posted by: wow | 2005/11/24

i would let him and her know that this is a no no and tell her to get on with her live. as for your man tell him to grow up as im sure if one of your ex b/friends ctc u he wud object,

Reply to wow