Question
Posted by: Francois | 2007/03/22

The effect of aironditioners

Good day,
I am not sure where else to get this information quickly, I would really appreciate your help here.

I need information on the effect of air conditioners on people and their prductivity, especially in the case where the tempretaure is too high. I work in an office where there is a constant battle/argument about the tempreture in the office. It is generally the woman dressed in shoestring-staps that complain that it is too cold! I say, dress properly! If you are cold, bring a jearsey, don't expect the other people to fry because you want to waer skimpy clothing. It ois also a cultural issue and please, i do not mean this in a racict way, but black people get colder much faster that white people, especially white men. As a man I cannot take any clothing off when I am hot, I HAVE to wear a long sleave shirt, long pants and closed shoes with warm socks.
I need info on the effect og high tempretures on productivety, etc, as we all know that high tempretures causes fatigue, exhaustion, etc.
I am not incensitive to this issue, but I feel that is we are cold, it is better to rather turn off the aircon for a while as ssposed to turning up the heat?

Please could you halp me with information and/or references.

Much appreciated,
Francois

Dear Francois
I agree with you - you poor men don't have much of a choice in summer!
See http://www.careerbuilder.co.uk/UK/JobSeeker/CareerAdvice/ViewArticle.aspx?articleid=19&cbRecursionCnt=1&cbsid=52d7db6ca73246ce8994822f47b33f7d-227893993-WQ-2
Won't an extra fan at your desk give some relief?