Question
Posted by: manda | 2008/01/21

the dreaded "plateau".

I am on a diet for 5 months now and have lost a whipping 17.2 kg. But, it seems that I have reached the dreaded plateau now. I have lost only 0.6 in 5 weeks although I am strictly following the diet as per my dietician. How long can this last? It really is not very motivating for me.

Dear Manda
Firstly congratulations for losing 17.2 kg - you are a bright ***star****. The problem with reaching the dreaded plateau is that this is a condition where the human body adjusts its metabolism to the lower energy intake in an effort to conserve energy. If you are not doing any exercise, then do start doing at least 30 min of aerobic exercise every day to restimulate your metabolism. If you are already exercising then make sure that you concentrate on aerobic exercises (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, brisk walking, spinning, rowing, etc).

2
Posted by: manda | 2008/01/22

Dear GSM
I really have changed my eating habits and life style drastically! Eating now 5 to 6 times daily - strictly adhere to the dietician's prescriptions. Much more effort with regards to the prepartion of food daily than in the past but must say I have weigh in at 145kg - so not to suprise about the results BUT no exercise at this stage as well. Will have to start!

Reply to manda
Posted by: GSM | 2008/01/22

Hello

Im interested on how u did it?? How did u manage to looses so much in 5 months??

Reply to GSM