Question
Posted by: Cindy | 2008/01/14

The Diet Everyones Talking About

Hi there,
I suffer from Insulin Resistance and recently was told that "The Diet That Everyones Talking About" will sort my Insulin levels out. What do you think?

Dear Cindy
If you suffer from insulin resistance (IR) then it is not a good idea to use a high-protein, high-fat diet like 'The Diet that everyone is talking about'. You need a low-fat diet with a low glycaemic index (GI) to sort out your IR, not a high-fat diet. Please consult a clinical dietitian, because the correct diet is one of the most important factors in the treatment of IR. Visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area. The dietitian will take your IR and other conditions such as overweight, into account when working out a diet for you, which will be based on foods with a low glycaemic index (GI). Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'The right approach' and read the articles on the GI. Also click on ‘Food as Medicine' on the Diet Site and then on ‘Type 2 diabetes'. Aerobic exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for 30 or more minutes a day is also an important aid to losing weight and controlling your insulin levels. So get as active as possible.

1
Posted by: AnnLee | 2008/01/14

Phone them and ask them

they work on a basis of 3 weeks with NO CARBS (which is so unhealthy) and then they 10g of carbs per week until they end up at 60g. or whatever suits your body

I personally think that people too often want the quick fixes, why not consult a dietician who has studies to help you with your problem??? Why pay R1400.00 for 10 weeks, being injected etc etc? WHY

Reply to AnnLee