Question
Posted by: Lulu | 2004/11/03

The deurmekaarspul I call my life

Why can life not be smooth sailing all the way? Do you think we might start finding it boring if nothing bad ever happens to us?

Why is it easy to think of death and to "prepare" for it mentally in case it happens to someone close to, but when it actually happens, you have all these strange feelings you haven't "prepared" for?

Why do we teach our children that death is nothing to be scared of and that we will all die one day, and yet, when it happens, we scare the kids shitless with our depression / hysterics / frustration / hurt / tears and bitterness?

Why do some people go through the shocking horrific experience of the suicide of a loved one and then spare no thought for the ones they leave behind when THEY TOO commit suicide?

Why does "Revenge" as a reason to take your life sound so appealing? Not like you get to enjoy it afterwards, is it??

Why do we have so many questions when the answers bring no relief to the hurt and no consolation?

Sounds irresistable for life to go so smoothly, though it might become boring, and provide very few opportunities to learn important lessons. We can think we are prepared for all sort of hugely challenging experiences, but there's a limit in the extent to which we can prepare before we encounter these in real life.
And you raise a good point about the gap between what we usually tell our kids, and how we ourselves react. And Revenge is never a good reason --- the sort of people who might be a target for your revenge might actually not feel a thing, while the innocent suffer, instead.
Counselling offers us an ongoing way to pursue this sort of question more fruitfully and usefully,

2
Posted by: lulu | 2004/11/03

Thanks BT, and you in mine.

Reply to lulu
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2004/11/03

Don't have any answers for you only want to say you are in my thoughts.

Reply to Beyond Tired