Question
Posted by: Liza | 2007/05/14

the correct specialist would be who?

I'm a 32 yr old woman who has suddenly started growing coarse body hair like a man. I want to know if its a gynae or a dermatologist I shd go to for screening?

Hi Liza
Please see your gyne – this can be caused by too much androgen in the body.

1
Posted by: eeyore | 2007/05/14

Course body hair is a symptom of polycystic ovarian symdrome. That would be tested by a GYN, but I am pretty sure that normally you get otehr symptoms as well, such as painful periods, unusually long or short periods, and other things. With PCOS you usually make to much androgen and testosterone, which causes the body hair.

Reply to eeyore