Question
Posted by: Angie | 2008/01/21

The Biggest Loser

In that article they spoke about you can loose weight to a stage and then your body does not loose anymore. How can you prevent it and is it just temporay?

Dear Angie
This phenomenon is know as 'Hitting the plateau" and it occurs when your body adjusts to the lower energy intake by slowing down its metabolism. For people who are not exercising the answer is to start exercising as much as possible to restimulate the metabolism, but for the contestants in The Biggest Loser SA, who are already doing more exercise than seems possible, this will not actually be an option. That is why I will be curious to know what the organisers of the programme are going to do. Hopefully the contestants will not reach this plateau and manage to continue losing steadily.

2
Posted by: charlo | 2008/01/22

i would like to lose weight asap plz assist

Reply to charlo
Posted by: Roki | 2008/01/21

hi there

My advice is that don't focus on loosing weight. the reason is that you will not loose weight tomorrow. You do need to eat well anyway. focus on eating well so that your body benefits greatly. Weight loss will come as an incentive.

Thats the one and ony way to sustain it.

Reply to Roki