Question
Posted by: Old Regular for 5 years | 2008/01/24

The Annex's Closure

I am glad that it has eventually happened as all that was ever said there was rude, mean and of no help to anyone.

The only problem is that originally it was greated to get all the scum off the Shrink site as they were pestering people with real issues, I just worry that they all come crawling back here.

We just have to ignore such postings as CS has always advised us to do.

I wasn't consulted at all, and am not aware if the Annex has been closed temporarily or permanently. It probably needs someone from the editorial staf to cast an eye over it daily and remove nasty posts and block persistently nasty posters. But in whatever forum, never forget the magic power of the delete button
Funny how ogle, who appears to be complaining about others, contributes nothing but blah blah blah

4
Posted by: Admin | 2008/01/24

The Annex was closed briefly for maintenance and re-opned this morning at 11am

Reply to Admin
Posted by: ogle | 2008/01/24

blah blah blah.........

Reply to ogle
Posted by: Hope* | 2008/01/24

John is absolutely right!!

Reply to Hope*
Posted by: John | 2008/01/24

I disagree, actually, as the Annex was a useful overflow area and kept the CS site relatively free of off-topic posts, like this one! It may well being dominated by a group of people that others found difficult to get to like but groups shift and change like the sand dunes in the Namib.

The most recent crowd (myself included so this is hardly unbiased) were not a bad crowd at all. I can't comment on previous groups but I think the Annex should be re-opened. I certainly hope that it hasn't been closed but rather that there is a technical hitch of some sort that prevents us from posting there. As for the nasty posters here, I suppose there are like fleas: not a serious threat but a nuisance none-the-less. Makes one itch to klap them!

Reply to John