Question
Posted by: Christel | 2004/10/29

Thanx :-)

Hallo Cybershrink
Just want to thank you. I wrote a while back about my shrink who was always cancelling appointments and about my fear of telling him about the eating disorder part of my problems. Just wana say I told him what was on my mind and am really glad I did - I really feel I am benefiting from the therapy as well as the medication I am taking (Nuzak and Buspar).

I cant afford to see a psychiatrist and you have been very helpful concerning advise on medication - I always ask here about such issues and then go to my GP - thanks -my GP didnt even know that Buspar was still available in SA and I would never have asked about it if it wasnt for you .

Obviously I still have my ups and downs - cant expect pills to fix EVERYTHING but I hardly recognize myself -I am SO much more relaxed now - was always terribly anxious and obsessed and now I cant even remember when last I felt like I was going to have a panic attack. YOu also once suggested that I may need a higher dose of Nuzak (now on 40mg instead of 20mg) which also helped alot.

Two more questions: for how long can on safely use Buspar? (been on it for four months now) and secondly I have quite a tremor - could this be the medication and should I be concerned - would rather be jittery than depressed?

Thank you for all the help and advice and for always reponding soon.
Christel.

Thanks for your followup, Christel, I'm pleased I was helpful. If ever there's a good time and place for telling someone what;s on your mind, surely it's when speaking to your shrink ? And I'm pleased to hear the medication seems to be suiting you.
And you're so right, pills can be very helpful, but much important work remains up to you. I don't think you need to be worried about the tremor, but it's hard to teel from a distance --- this is where your GP, or even better a shrink, could advise best after asessing you in person. You should be fine continuing on buspar for some years if needs be. Eventually, you may want to see a psychiatrist for a re-assessment when you have been stable and well for a year or so, to decide with his advice whether the time has come, to come off the medication. Keep well !

2
Posted by: Adam | 2004/10/30

Maybe this is the opportunity to add all our voices in a choir, and I thankfully add my: THANKS CS!!

Reply to Adam
Posted by: Wildberry | 2004/10/30

I just wanted to say it's a gracious gesture to thank CyberShrink. I don't think a great many people do.

Reply to Wildberry