Question
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2006/04/03

Thanks / Trying to hold out

Hi all, CS.
Thanks for all the well wishes, I am trying to be strong and not give in. You are all correct, he is trying to come back. He is living in the streets and I do feel sorry for him. I feel guilty that he has nowhere to stay, no way of getting anywhere and he said's his clothes and stuff will be stolen, it is the last stuff he has.
He knows how to work on me and I really feel bad. I will be strong though, there is no way he can come back unless he can proof he has changed, which I doubt he will ever do.
I must say, my home is now peaceful.
Thanks to you all for your support.
Take Care

Thaqnkls for the report back, BT. It is sad if he is indeed living on the streets --- but it sounds a bit odd that in all this time in which he knew that this was a possible outcome, he seems to have made no provision for any alternatives --- has he really NO other friends ( who could store some of his belongings, and perhaps offer temporary accomodation while he seriously looked for work ? ). Can he not at least start with the Salvation army or some other such agency, and more on upwards from there ? Can't he reconcile with his own family, too ? Enjoy the deserved peace in your home. You deserve that peace ; and he deserves to start solving his own problems.

5
Posted by: carli | 2006/04/03

BT - it is normal to feel sorry for him because you are a mensch, but honestly girl, he will never change and is only working on your sympathies!! please dont take him back and the fact that he has CHOSEN to live on the streets should be plain to you as to what kind of a person he is. Cut all contact with him, because what you dont know wont harm you.....

Reply to carli
Posted by: Karen | 2006/04/03

Hang in there Bt, we are all behind you. Be strong girl!

Reply to Karen
Posted by: Helena of Troy | 2006/04/03

Touch Love is what he needs now. And like it or not he'll have to go suck up to his family and there is always the salvation army and places where the homeless get food. Don't you worry girl he'll come right.

Reply to Helena of Troy
Posted by: Jemma | 2006/04/03

Is hierdie ou gestremd? Het hy al sy vingers en tone? Hoekom kan hy dan nie vir hom 'n werk kry soos al die ander van ons nie? Hoekom moet jy na hom kyk? Moet hy nie na jou kyk nie? Hy het so lank gehad om werk te soek maar nee, hy teer liewer op jou want hoekom sal hy werk as jy dit vir hom doen? Jy sorg dan dat hy elke aand eet, hy ry met jou kar en jou petrol rond, hoekom sal hy 'n effort maak om werk te soek? Hy moet maar op die harde manier leer om sy eie podjie te krap en wie weet, miskien maak dit hom 'n beter mens na die tyd.

Bly sterk want indirek help jy hom eintlik ook. Want hopelik sal hy nou leer om na homself om te sien.

Sterkte.

Reply to Jemma
Posted by: CP MOM | 2006/04/03

Change ?

Kan 'n jakkals sy streke los?

Kom ek vertel jou 'n storie van 'n padda en 'n skerpioen. Die padda sou oor die water swem die skerpioen moes aan die anderkant uitkom toe vra hy vir padda 'n lift. Padda se nee jy gaan my steek! Nee se skerpioen hoekom sal ek dit nou doen dis mos malligheid! As ek jou steek versuip jy en dan gaan ek ook versuip...

Wel so gese so gedaan halfpad deur die rivier steek die skerpioen die padda...die padda draai om en vra nou wat nou ? Nou gaan ons albei doodgaan . waarom ?

Skepioen se : IT'S IN MY NATURE

Girl jys nou soooo ver moet nie oor hom worrie nie jy's nie sy ma nie. Verder is jy WEL die ma van twee pragtige kinders wat moet leer die wereld is veilig en dat mama ook veilig is.

Reply to CP MOM