Question
Posted by: sideways | 2008/01/30

Thanks Ross and how about....

Hi Ross

Thanks for the advice the other day and I am happy to report that I have begun the 10km plan and intend to stick to it. I am definitely changing my diet as it is the main reason for the fat gain, too much beer and too little excercise. I have decided to cut beer out of my diet completely and obviously to do the programme of excercise.

I am a little concerned about how I will manage to complete the programme in the gym because there is a 20min time limit on the treadmills. I may have to hit the road.

Ross, do you think that if I do this programme it would assist me in my mission to tone my body and lose weight if I take LeanBody™ AM Thermogenic Fat Burner? If so for how long should I take it and what happens when I stop taking it? any idea?

Thanks again

Hi Sideways

Great stuff, well done and I hope your programme goes well!

A couple of things:

First, about the time limit - you could, if you have the time, do 20 minutes on the treadmill, then cycle for 5 minutes and then grab a treadmill for another 15 minutes - that would do the same thing. But hitting the road is a good idea for variety, and a challenge. You may even wish to find a 10km race in a few months and aim for that as a goal and source of motivation.

Then, as far as the Thermogenic Fat Burner goes, my advice is to wait off on that for now - considering you're just making two big changes (diet and exercise), give it time. Let those two things work for you and then later on, you can choose NOT to take this supplement! Just kidding, but seriously, I don't think it's warranted now, and later on, probably won't be either - I believe firmly that diet and exercise are the way to go, lifestyle, not chemical.

And then finally, don't make drastic cut-outs. For example, i'd say that you should reward yourself with a beer every week, once your training and diet are going well. In my experience, when you cut things out compeltely, you run the risk of 'rebelling', so rather aim for moderation!

Good luck, hang in there, and remember - focus on fitness. If you can get faster, fitter, stronger, then the weight will take care of itself!

Ross