Question
Posted by: GIL | 2007/03/06

THANKS JOY

Thanks Joy, you make a lot of sense. The problem is that my daughter and I don't have everything that we need and I am still paying stuff due to having an overdraft facility. Some of the things I am paying for example are the phone account which his daughter who lives with us managed to clock up a bill of over a thousand rand. Now I am in debt, on my current account and my credit card and I hate it. I don't mind finding a way to help financially at home but it is a problem when I continue to pay for things that I had nothing to do with and then get into debt. I told him that if he got back the R36,000.00 from his son that he owes us all our initial worries would be over. His son has the money as he is working in the US and he told my husband the other day that "it's great having money in the bank". But my husband does nothing about asking for the money back!!! I've asked my step son but he says it's between him and his dad! To put it in a nutshell i feel like he is happy to dish out money to all these hangers on but for real necessities to help me run the household he won't budge. By the way he earns a really good salary.

If his son is working in the US he will be earning big bucks, and could easily afford to pay back the loan promto.