Posted by: willi | 2008/06/03

thanks for input re colleague

Posted by: Willi <br>Message: <br>Thanks for all the input. Yes you are right I am not telling all of what is going on, it gets even worse and I am not kidding. The children are not retarded and there is a third child but this child, now in her early twenties ran away frm home or was kidnapped or was adbucted by who ever and the mom is convinced that she is being held somewhere as a prostitute, this happened in 2001 and according to my colleague this is what threw her neice over the top. It appears that at some stage they were a normally functioning family, the kids went to school and mom and dad wrked and they had a beautiful home...and then granny died and the mom went crazi and has gotten worse over the years, this is where the aunt (my colleague) picked up the pieces. I have worked with my colleague for just over 8 years and this has been an ongoing saga and the last two weeks has been hell for my colleague, she is highly respected at work and we all want to help her because she is soo deep into all of this she does not even realise how illl her neice is and basically she does not know how to help herself. My colleagues brother is a recovering alcholic and her sister is a horse racing addict & the niece's mom was a depressed person and often landed up in Tara and underwent shock treatment, sooo there is an inherent dependancy problem and my colleague seems to be the only sane one out of the whole bunch, I have been told that she is a co-dependant and also needs help. She is financially supporting herself and 6 other people. With what I have said above there is still loads more, however, I now need to do something but ultimately my colleague will have to take the 1st step and what we really need to know who do we contact in taking this 1st initial step, who are the correct authorities to approach.<br><br>Thanks again for "listening" and for the positive inpout already received. <br>Date: 3/6/2008 <br> <br>

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Aha ! As I suspected. There are no "correct" authorities. A Social Worker could advise, possibly help. If any of them have seen a GP recently, he/she could help explore obtaining a compulsory order for evaluation, possibly even for treatment. There is a procedure as to who has the legal authority to request intervention, and though not high on the list, your colleague may well have the right to start an intervention.
It sounds like one of the relatively rare situations when you get a sort of shared delusion, what some would call a folie a trois or a quatre, when a close group of people share the same weird view of the world, and support each other's odd ideas, apparently confirming them.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.