Posted by: Garfield | 2008/09/04

Thanks CS!

Hi CS,

Just to thank you for your advce yesterday about what I could possibly tke to calm my nerves for a presentation.

As luck would have it, it turns out that didn' t have to do the presenttion ... but I will have to in a few months time! That should be good time to go to CBT Psych and try &  sort out my public speaking fear once and for all!

Strange thing is, that this fear only emerged when I was 17 ... before that I was a real drama star &  even won lots of prizes for the same thing. (We moved when overseas when I was 15 ... and I think it was this traumaic stage that caused it as I only started hyperventilating when I was 17).

Anyway, onwards and upwards ... I am determined to have whatever it is that is holding me back sorted out in the next few months.

Sincere thanks for your caring &  sensible advice (as always) ... that alone made me feel that much better ...

I hope all is going well for you, sincerely

Eish, what an anticlimax, not to have to perform this time, after all ! ( You know my Auntie Climax ? ) As you say, you now have the time to work with CBT to become a cool public speaker who actually enjoys the opportunity rather than dreading it. And plenty of time to prepare, and now you have had the chance to study the audience and the setting, in advance. Just a pity we can't all drop in an enjoy that presentation when it happens !