Question
Posted by: Lonestar | 2004/10/08

Thanks CS

CS,

Yip, indeed not that long ago that I've said it, however, with proper treatment and backing off from exercise completely I managed to regain the strenght and showed remarkable progress. (still not allowed to run, but am allowed to cycle again) I am aware that it is not 100% healed, but the excrutiating pain is something of the past. The orthopeadic surgeon also diagnosed a condition (which was overlooked for far too long) called Bursitis of the greater Trochanter. The GP thought it was a bad case of ITB. Specialist gave me a Cortisone injection (the shot is more painful than the actual injury) and things are back on track. I enjoy my swimming in the afternoons and made it a special time for me and my son. I assisted him in overcoming his fear of the deep end and now struggle to get him out the pool.

There is still another 5 weeks to go before the race and by then I am convinced that all will be well.

This time around I am doing it for myself.

Thanks for the chat though and have a "Blessed" weekend.

LS

Wow, LS, you've done a great job, of rehab, and with your boy !