Question
Posted by: Charlie | 2005/11/30

Thanks for all the support guys. This is the most difficult time.

As you can imagine my day has been filled with guilt trips from him blaming me for stufing up her life because i am depriving her of a father and MILLIONS of rands from her grandparents. I am saying to him that if they loved her and cared for her like they say they do they would not deprive her fo the education and the MILLIONS! I also said to him that he can make it easier for her or make it harder for her, the choice is his. He can choose what he wants to do.

I know i am doing the right thing for myself and my daughter. How do i get them off my back and get them to leave me alone. Or do i just have to suck up all these threats and blackmail and guilt trips that they are putting me through.

If they CARE for her, genuinely, then whether you divorce or not, of course they would greatly want to help your child. If they don't do so, they'll show that generosity and love have nothing to do with their actions, and that they only want to use their wealth to manipulate people. If you stop communicating with them, change your cellphone number, then they won;t be able to manipualte you more

3
Posted by: take the leap | 2005/11/30

I agree with Lee - its emotional blackmail.
And children are not stupid - they will feel the bad vibes, and will be affected by it. Right now you’re the only person with integrity and the right values in your daughter’s life. Yes - to have money is nice. But something’s - like true happiness and peace surpasses any currency

Reply to take the leap
Posted by: lee | 2005/11/30

how does that saying go? .. money can't buy love- ITs just blackmail - Your love is worth tons more

Reply to lee
Posted by: Valkyrie | 2005/11/30

Your daughter will realize that what you are giving her a - peacefull loving home is worth much more than all the MILLIONS. The quality of life is not measured by your bank account. Stick to your decision.

Reply to Valkyrie