Question
Posted by: lost-kitty | 2005/11/17

thanks..

wow. thanks so much for the replies in my posting # 10999
dude: the sms messages were casual things about what we were up to etc. i'd never talk about fights with friends it is personal.
figured it out: your reply made me cry but in a good way lol i want to believe what you wrote.
caz, nomsa, CS - ta.. needed it ;)

he didn't call for two days, so i called him cos i was confused and hurt and he said that the reason he didn't call was because he "felt too ashamed".
then, he told me how angry he was - he sounded as though he was justified in the sudden aggression towards me. and he said that he can't promise me he won't hit me in the future....
i'm in shock, i can't believe it, nothing is sinking in. how can a man who says he loves me tell me that he will hit me when he's angry with me??? i could never go back. i told him this. he said he'll have to respect my decision yet he wants me to come back. i don't believe it.

we have fought too often, in our 2 years of marriage. i know it is a bit tacky sounding to bring lovemaking into it - but since i'm anonymous i will - we have made love 3 times in the last 10 months. there's no interest from him, and it used to make me feel unattractive etc. but i learned to deal with it by forgetting it, i just realized that used to be an issue. but i was too embarrassed to talk about it.
my heart is breaking. i don't feel this marriage is worth it anymore. i know that's bad, giving up and throwing in the towel. i can't trust him. my family told me that sometimes, one partner has to "clap harder than the other" - but in this case i am the only one clapping.

If that is his attitude, and he is content to remain a potential abuser, there is nothing wrong with you deciding not to accept this, and to end the relationship. In a relationship solving problems requires sincere participation by both parties, and if one won't do what's needed, the other can't succeeed in healing the relationship on their own.